Located south of New Delhi, the Gandhi Eye Hospital is India’s second largest eye hospital. Founded in 1928 by the late Dr. Mohan Lal, the facility has an extensive outreach program. The hospital became an Operation Eyesight partner in 1978 and was home to the “Jenkyns Village Project,” which covered roughly 50 villages located around Palirazapur. Its goal was to provide total, sustainable eye care. Unfortunately, the death of Dr. R.B.L Gupta in 1992 severely hampered the effectiveness of the “Jenkyns Village Project.” Operation Eyesight also funded surgical eye camps, and the operating theatre at the hospital was funded as a special project of the Sunday Schools of the Protestant Chapels of the Canadian Armed Forces.